Sleep is essential. Not only does it have a therapeutic effect on you, but your body also needs rest to maintain its normal function. Adequate sleep boosts your immunity and helps fight against infections.
Despite how sleep is good and beneficial for you, some things may prevent you from enjoying it: health conditions like insomnia, autism, ADHD, hot nights, and body pain. It would be best if you deal with them. And that’s where an organic weighted blanket comes in.
Heavy blankets: what are they?
A weighted blanket, according to the name, means a blanket that has weight or is heavy. The weight comes from glass beads and pellets packed into the fabric. The weighted blanket works on the deep touch pressure principle, giving a sense of relaxation and comfort.
An organic weighted blanket is made with organic bamboo cotton, comfy, fluffy, and silky. It is non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and odorless.
Why a weighted blanket?
The following are reasons you’ll need an organic weighted blanket:
1. It helps relieve stress: After a stressful day, an organic weighted blanket will come in handy. With the feeling of being hugged, your tension dissipates, and you feel rested.
2. Used for certain health conditions: Doctors recommend weighted blankets to insomnia, autism, ADHD, and ADD patients.
3. Supports the body.
How to care for your blanket
To increase the longevity of your organic weighted blanket, you need to take good care of it:
1. You can wash with a machine (if it is not more than 20lbs) or take it to the laundromat.
2. Avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach or fabric softener so as not to damage the fabric.
3. Air dry or tumble dry.
Some people feel that the weight of an organic weighted blanket can pose some health challenges and so worry about using it. The next few paragraphs will discuss how heavy a weighted blanket can be.
How heavy should your blanket be?
Can a weighted blanket be too heavy? Yes, it can.
Before purchasing a weighted blanket, there are some factors to put in mind viz:
1. The user’s body weight: Before you get an organic weighted blanket, you must know your weight. As experts have suggested, your weighted blanket should be ten percent of your body weight. Anything more than this can pose a threat to your health.
2. The user’s age: Before getting your weighted blanket, you should consider the user’s age. A child cannot use the same blanket an adult uses. Definitely no. Hence, if you want to get one for your child, you must ensure it isn’t too heavy or easy to move comfortably
3. Your preference: What is heavy to someone with the same body weight as you may not be so to you. At times, your choice may win, irrespective of how heavy the blanket may seem. However, you must ensure that it doesn’t pose any danger to you. So back to the question: can a weighted blanket be too heavy? I’ll say it depends on you.
Enjoy your night with an organic weighted blanket. Say goodbye to hot and sleepless nights.